Monday, May 5, 2014

Life in the moment or planning for success

Week 1 of the Bikini Series did not go as I had intended.

I pictured it like this...

Friday/Saturday recover form red-eye. Saturday at least get out of the house and go for a walk, groceries, laundry.

Sunday back to the gym, meal prep.

Monday-Friday back on track with workouts and meals. Holiday weight almost gone by the weekend.

I was feeling super down on myself because I still haven't gotten my butt to the gym yet. All my pants are tight. My weight hasn't change.

But... I had an awesome week. Spent a lot of quality time catching up with friends. Celebrated a birthday with an amazing bbq and from scratch black forest cake. Drank wine. My soul is content even if my pants are still tight.

Finally made it to the grocery store last night. Fridge is stocked with healthful foods that are easy to grab as I'm running out the door for work. Things like instant oatmeal and toast for breakfasts. Apples, roasted nuts, carrots and hummus for snacks. Lean protein, salads, tempeh for lunch. Feels good to have the house full stocked again.

Went for my first post-Maui run on Saturday. 4 miles. Headed out with the goal to "just not walk." When I focus on not walking opposed to how quickly I've had some of my best runs. Worked like a charm. My time is still on pace which I was pleasantly surprised to see. Carrying 10 extra pounds I thought I'd be a bit slower, but no!

So far this Bikini Series is more about rolling with what life throws at me and focusing on one thing at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment