Friday, November 7, 2014

where have I been?

Hi lovelies.

It's been a long, long time since my last post - I know.

Last time I posted I was in the midst of training for the SeaWheeze half. I'd set an ambitious goal for myself and was laser focused on achieving it.

And then...

We had a house fire.

Overall we were extremely lucky. Most of our belongings were undamaged, just in need of a good airing out. We were able to find a new house to rent the next day and move in a week later. The support from our friends and family, and the community was overwhelming. I have never felt so loved.

It's taken some time to settle into our new place. They even have a term for it. Hypervigilance. It's exactly what it sounds like.

There were a lot of lessons for me in dealing with the aftermath.

I learned to communicate my needs. People are happy and eager to help - all I had to do was ask.

I've gotten really good at setting boundaries and not worry about what anyone else was thinking about me.

I learned to delegate and not micro manage. Seriously, let it go. Everything will be fine.

You know how people always ask the three things you'd take to a desert island? Well, now I can answer that question. The first things I grabbed out of the house were my library books, yoga mat, running gear, and a kombucha scoby.

It's been 4 months since the fire. I am so ready to shift my focus back to my goals. I want some company though. Anyone need an accountability buddy? Find me on instagram :)

No comments:

Post a Comment